Sunday, January 25, 2009

Life in the Country

I know, two posts in two days. It's quite amazing isn't it? I have shocked myself.
Well, over the last couple of weeks I have really been reflecting on our life in the country and what I love about it. There are so many things that I have grown accustomed to that I realize, this is the life I was born to live. I can remember being a young girl and wishing we could move to the country. It really has been a dream of mine for many years. I can now see that horses are definitely in my future. This is just a fun post that I wanted to share with all of you. Here are the things I love about the country:
  • Driving up our long road in the dark, with the brights on, watching for the rabbits to go hopping through the fields. (The kids get a thrill out of this.)
  • The stars at night, well they don't get any better than they do out here.
  • Stepping outside our door into all the open space and the beauty of God's land.
  • The amazing sunsets at dusk.
  • The peace and quiet on our hill. I can never go back to a 'normal' neighborhood now.
  • The easy going nature of life in general, at least some of the time.
  • A true sense of community.
  • No lines at the post office.
  • Going outside half dressed, if necessary, to retrieve the dogs.
  • All the different types of wildlife we have all discovered together. Mice, well that's another story. I am proud to say at least I don't always scream at the sight of one.
  • Watching the kids discover new things.
  • It's safe for the kids to play outside without having to hover.

I am sure there are more, but that's all for now. Thanks for staying in touch with us. Click on the column to the right to let us know that you are following our blog. More to come soon!

No comments: