Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Start of Spring

Wow, I didn't realize it had been this long. Maybe I'll have more to share this month. April brings baseball and now softball for the kids along with Carson's birthday and both dogs. Kynlee decided to give softball a try for the first time. She has just started practicing so we'll see how she likes it. Carson has moved up to machine pitch baseball and still trying to get the hang of hitting balls from a machine instead of a tee. It's somewhat comical to watch them trying to get those balls when they come out so fast. Games don't start until later this month and then I'll try and post some pictures.

I hope everyone is enjoying spring as much as we are. The wildflowers on the property are just beginning to bloom along with the bluebonnets. In a few weeks it'll be a beautiful sight. I'll try and take some pictures of that too. The warmer weather is finally here and I hope it lasts.

I've been on a short break from school and just started a new class this week. This will be my last class at Ashford. I will be transferring to Dallas Baptist University this summer to finish out my degree. Needless to say the fall will be a busy time for me.

Our newest nephew, Braden Floyd was born on Monday, March 23. I was there to see him right after he was born and was glad to a part of the celebration. They are doing great and he is adorable. We are planning to see him next week in Austin on our way to Corpus. Kynlee has been asking every week when she gets to go. She was not very happy with me for not letting her come with me when he was born. She had school and I enjoyed getting out by myself for the two days.

I wish had more to share, but life has been so busy for us that we haven't had a lot of interesting things going on. Hopefully I'll back on the blog this month after our trip to see the baby and the Sandfest in Corpus. Stay tuned......

No comments: