Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Banana Nana Fofana.....

I couldn’t resist the title, just wish I had a monkey to go with it! Now I’m sure you’re wondering why I chose this. Well, let me explain…..
Since the beginning of the school year Carson has talked about this very special banana keeper his friend Tristan has for his lunch box. I have gotten a very descriptive detail of what this thing looks like, yellow and shaped like a banana, duh. It’s the perfect thing to keep bananas from turning brown and nasty, his words. Last week he came home talking about it again so I decided I needed to find out exactly what this was. He keeps asking for one. I called Tristan’s mom and found out the website in which I could order one. I knew it would tickle him so I ordered not one, but two. Kynlee or I just might want to use one too. When he got home from school on Friday I told him the good news and each day I was asked when it would be coming. Thank goodness we got it that Monday so he didn’t have wait too long!! Who would have thought something so little would get him so excited? Now let me say he has never been especially crazy about bananas, he likes them, but it’s not the kind of thing he can’t live without. He just wanted this cool little contraption I feel sure. In his defense I will say that one of the boys in his class brings a banana everyday to school and I’m always told how disgusting it looks because it’s brown and mushy. I think he felt the need to try this thing out and see if it would keep his banana nice and yellow. Well according to Kynlee and Carson, it works!! Here’s the link if you think you just have to have one too. You can even make a banana popsicle with it. www.bananasaver.com (I tried to add their image and link, but I'm not sure how to do that. Ashley, help!)



Our Update
Basketball season is officially over as of this weekend! We are looking forward to sleeping a little later on Saturday mornings. Next up, machine pitch baseball for Carson. They both enjoyed basketball this year and have really improved in their play. It’s amazing to see their growth from year to year. Next year should be lots of fun too. Carson will move up in the age group and play with kids in the 2nd and 3rd grade. I can’t believe he will be in 2nd grade next year, how time flies. Just looking back at the pictures from last year’s season I can see his ‘baby face’ fading away. He’s all big boy now.

Kynlee and I will be off for another Girl Scout campout this weekend near Palestine. The girls will get to work on their horsemanship badge and go riding. We are both excited about getting to go and it looks like the weather may cooperate and be really nice. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. No rain please!! I know we could all use it, but it could wait until after the weekend. I can’t imagine, or should I say I don’t want to imagine, twenty-something girls going in and out of the mud all weekend. No thanks!

Scott pulled out the big smoker yesterday and fired it up to cook out for all the employees at SWA for their annual Message to the Field. We had some great ribs for dinner last night and he’s off today to feed everyone else. It’s a lot of work to do by himself, but he does it. They always appreciate it and it gives him a few days to do what he enjoys. The weather was great yesterday and it was nice having everyone over to hang out. Heather brought her niece out and Jason’s kids came too. They all had a great time playing and were worn out by the end of the day. They seemed to travel back and forth between our house and Amber’s. It’s really nice that they can do that without us having to go with them each time.
That’s about it for now. I’m still looking into a new layout so hopefully not too much longer and our look will improve. Keep a look out!

No comments: